[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
The Unforgiven Reborn Forums • View topic - Availability 2010

Availability 2010

For discussing regular gaming nights and what we'll be playing.

Re: Availability 2010

Postby Chainsaws » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:59 am

Bollocks :(

Was hoping to have scored us all Civ 5 for £3 each but shitty SavvyGamer posted about the pricing error an hour before I got online to order it and every fucker on the internet tried to get in there and they ran out of cd keys.
Chainsaws
Veteran of the battle of Forrum Rood.

Postby Machine » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:05 pm

Unlucky, good find!

Steam is updating the platform, fucking pile of shit taking ages to do fuck all. When it's working it's great, when it fucks up it just can't recover itself very well... or fast.

EDIT : Updated, fixed by removing the blob AND rebooting the router completely. Noticed 2 UPNP UDP ports open which shouldn't have been.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Fix » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:11 pm

Wow, I'd have paid £3 for it.

Fix
Agrees to be a team player as long as there's only him in the team.

Postby Chainsaws » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:12 am

Excellent games on BFBC last night, really enjoyed it.

I have bought you all a game (in some cases TWO games) so I fucking well expect them installed for Thursday ALRIGHT?! (Nuttah is excused because he's looking after his mumsie :P )
Chainsaws

Postby Fix » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:28 am

Games were good list night. I think controbuting factors were;

-Reasonable player limit servers
-Sticking to a class the whole time
-Opposing team playing like fags (waiting for vehicles, sniping, not focusing on attacking)
-Us working together better

Really Chains you shouldn't have bought us TWO games... you'll spoil us :P I'll have something for you in the Jan sale I'm sure.

Fix

Postby Machine » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:00 pm

I'll have dogfight installed, can't get Red Faction in time due to download limitations. <Sad face>

Really enjoyed last nights games, agree with the above, there was co-ordination between us as to which classes to be, we quite rightly didn't have a recon guy (more for lone wolf games) and we stuck together, fighting intelligently rather than running into the middle and getting shot. Felt good to show those level 40 / 50 guys up with a bunch of teens rushing objectives! Up for more, keep that server in mind.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Aggamemnon » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:09 pm

Can't make thursday unfortunately.
Sunday or Next Monday now.

I'm online tonight, and late wednesday.

Thanks for the game Chains, I've got lem and a few others it as well.
00:52 - Sev: How am I gay when I frequently engage in sexual relations with your mother
00:52 - Aggamemnon: she is a fucking man dude
00:52 - Sev: eww
Aggamemnon
TuF communications engineer.

Postby Fix » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:34 pm

All my new shiz installed :)

Fix

Postby Chainsaws » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:36 pm

Normally I love Steam but I discovered today a bullshit 'feature'. You can only buy a 4 pack if one of the four copies is for yourself.
Chainsaws

Postby Fix » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:08 pm

A restriction rather than a feature, but yes, wankfest.

Fix

Postby Aggamemnon » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:51 pm

Yep. luckily I just use Lems account to buy double four packs if needed.
3 copies just sitting there for now.
00:52 - Sev: How am I gay when I frequently engage in sexual relations with your mother
00:52 - Aggamemnon: she is a fucking man dude
00:52 - Sev: eww
Aggamemnon
TuF communications engineer.

Postby Fix » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:48 am

Online tonight, I guess we've got a bit of choice this evening :)

Fix

Postby Machine » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:30 am

Should be on tonight, unless wife drops baby!
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:48 am

Yes, up for whatever.
Chainsaws

Postby Fix » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:05 am

41st in the WORLD on Batman Scarecrows Nightmare currently... so if babeh drops I can improve on this...

Fix

Postby Machine » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:20 am

GG's last night, could be my last for a while!

Shame the team went downhill, the round where we won by 10-20 tickets was hard work but good fun, we did loose Kasto on that final round too, plus anybody else with an ability to do anything useful! Nevermind :D
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:13 am

Yeah, he sent me a message saying that he couldn't get back in the server for some reason but the steam overlay doesn't seem to work on BFBC so I missed it.

I felt we all played well despite the quality of the team later on.
Chainsaws

Postby Fix » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:53 am

Yeah it was good - top form again.

Team went downhill because they seemed to stop pushing.... weird.

Fix

Postby Chainsaws » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:16 pm

Had a blast on TF2 after BFBC and played the Halloween map for a laugh. It was actually quite good fun (although it would have been better with some friends on). There seem to have been a few nice improvements here and there and it feels a bit less....random than it did before. One nice touch is that engineers can pick up their buildings and move them about which removes a lot of frustration.

I think we should give it a blast now and again.
Chainsaws

Postby Fix » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:32 pm

Mach get it installed, there is no better multi player than one you can just jump in and out of (thinking of when your a daddio)

Fix

Postby bigd » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:00 pm

If you guys are actually playing TF2 now, let me know if there's any specific weapons you're wanting. I can probably help out.
bigd

Postby Chainsaws » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:58 pm

Apparently I need a dozen level 1 weapons to get the scrap required for the special Halloween weapon! Other than that I don't really know what weapons there are to choose from. I have a couple of different ones now that I've played for a couple of hours.

What are the 'action' items though? I haven't got any of those.
Chainsaws

Postby bigd » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:09 pm

Those are things like nametags and paint and such for customizing weapons and hats. The only thing you'd ever want to actually equip (at this point anyway) is the duel minigame, which lets you challenge someone on the other team. Great for if you get teamswitched or something and your friends are on the other team.

As for weapon levels: they can safely be ignored. They mean nothing at all.
bigd

Postby Machine » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:54 am

No baby yet, so I might be able to squeeze another gaming night in! :twisted:
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Fix » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:07 am

Can't be later than next weekend surely! I'm off work today with the runs, thats when poo comes out like water for those of you who don't know.

I should be online but if I'm driving a tank and it suddenly stops and I don't respond, I'm probably on the toilet.

Fix

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming Nights