[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
The Unforgiven Reborn Forums • View topic - Monday 8th March

Monday 8th March

For discussing regular gaming nights and what we'll be playing.

Monday 8th March

Postby Chainsaws » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:59 pm

I'm up for a little bit of Altitude and when we have enough players I'd like to crack either the last couple of survival maps I need on L4D2 or Hard Rain on Expert (NOT Realism). Some scavenge would be nice after that or possibly even a full vs if we have enough friends online or we feel like a team vs game.
Chainsaws
Veteran of the battle of Forrum Rood.

Re: Monday 8th March

Postby Aggamemnon » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:21 pm

Bought Op Flash: Dragon Rising for £5.50 in the sale, just in case I get the itch for 4 man realistic shooter co-op sometime in the future.

I'm pretty sure it's a bit more consoley than Arma etc, but might not be entrely a bad thing coming straight in from codemasters
00:52 - Sev: How am I gay when I frequently engage in sexual relations with your mother
00:52 - Aggamemnon: she is a fucking man dude
00:52 - Sev: eww
Aggamemnon
TuF communications engineer.

Postby Fix » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:31 pm

At that price, I got it too. This week only. Wouldn't mind a blast on this single player, never mind the coop option.

Fix
Agrees to be a team player as long as there's only him in the team.

Postby Chainsaws » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:37 pm

Mach and I also have it now.
Chainsaws

Postby Aggamemnon » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:30 am

Awesome :D
00:52 - Sev: How am I gay when I frequently engage in sexual relations with your mother
Aggamemnon

Postby Machine » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:08 pm

Installed, testing now. Up for some COOP Monday.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Fix » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:12 pm

Great news. Me too!

Fix

Postby Machine » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:24 pm

Don't boot up on mine. Blackscreen, can move the mouse about.

Searching for a solution.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Machine » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:36 pm

Nothing so far, tried a few suggestions like reducing resolution. Can't get to the game menu.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Fix » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:21 pm

Fix

Postby Machine » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:26 pm

On a hunch I set the game off loading and came back, it loads. Not tried loading a map yet.

It takes literally 15 minutes to load the menu, so whilst it was a bargin, I'll be waiting till later in the year or a solution before playing it seriously online. Maybe Lan night because I may have a new PC then.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:06 pm

Haha, didn't even think to look at the specs. I'll be a bit under specced too because I have a 2.2 Quad Core (and a 2.4 Dual Core would be faster for a game) and I doubt my GPU is anywhere near recommended spec.
Chainsaws

Postby Chainsaws » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:34 pm

Ok, just had a go and it runs ok on whatever the default settings are, I'm happy not to mess with it. It's certainly fairly forgiving as I didn't get shot after walking 20 yards and I actually saw some bad guys and got to shoot at them (even killed a few!). I then got bored and told my team to hold position around the deployed C4 charge and....you can guess the rest. I then ran to the jeep and wasn't clear on what side the driver was on (despite looking clearly American and not attacking me) so I shot him in the head and took the jeep, drove to the extraction point and got shot in the head because I couldn't get out of the jeep.

Seems like a good game but I don't know I'd have the patience to play it solo.
Chainsaws

Postby Aggamemnon » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:46 pm

Well it certainly isn't Arma/oldflash.

It runs fine on my spec :P

Unsure I like the changes, but it looks nice if a little clustered, classic getting shot by AI through soft cover, but can' see em clear enough to shoot back.

The wounding mechanism seems to have been toned down a shitload since the beta preview I seen, which was boasting about it's realism and point damage to bodies etc.
Also the vehicles thing is fine, once you realise your keys are all over the keyboard (obviously a throw off from expecting you to play it on a console).

Looking forward to co-op though
Aggamemnon

Postby bigd » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:36 am

It's possible I'll be around tomorrow, likely playing TF2 all day if the last month is any indication...
bigd

Postby Machine » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:11 am

Rodger that!

Currently up for :
TF2, Altitude, L4D2 Survival or expert coops!
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Return to Gaming Nights