[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
The Unforgiven Reborn Forums • View topic - Availability 2017

Availability 2017

For discussing regular gaming nights and what we'll be playing.

Availability 2017

Postby Machine » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:40 am

I'll be on next couple of evenings. Seeing a lot of Satellite Reign so I take it that it's good fun?
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Re: Availability 2017

Postby Chainsaws » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:33 am

Yeah I'll be on too. Looking forward to more games with you guys in 2017!
Chainsaws
Veteran of the battle of Forrum Rood.

Postby Nuttah » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:13 pm

I will be on as well.

Satellite Reign is pretty good. It is basically syndicate, except each agent has a role and the world is perpetual and sandbox (based against the person hosting), so each agents progress is saved on the host machine only.

netcode is not great, and has caused some connectivity issues and lag (especially between UK and Estonia) but still playable. with 3 at least. 4 we will have to wait and see.
Nuttah
YOUR SETTINGS ARE TOO HIGH!

Postby Machine » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:17 am

Sorry for dissappearing last night an offer I don't refuse came from the other side of the room :)

SR seemed very good, but tricky to get into, wish I'd been there for the first part of it, might start over with Fix involved.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Fix » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:38 am

I'm on tonight! SR looks good, joined up last night but the game was full. Too bad I had to go play Batman AK :P SR definitely looks better with Friends. It has the Syndicate vibe but I also spotted a bit of Commandos vibe in there as well which I've always thought was a good coop.

I've got Vermintide thanks to Lem installed ready to roll. Also re-installed TC:Siege as it'll actually run on my PC now reasonably.

GTA or whatever else...

Fix
Agrees to be a team player as long as there's only him in the team.

Postby Chainsaws » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:34 pm

I've bought Don't Starve with Friends for Nuts and Kasto (will one of you please give your bonus copy to Fix? The other should be a spare) so we all have that now. Mach and I had a quick go on it a while ago but abandoned it when everyone else got on. It looks pretty good except for being brutally hard but I'm hoping that enough of us together would give us a chance. The single player is fun but I've never survived past a few nights so coop plus ultra difficulty seemed like it would be perfect for us.

I have Siege, GTA, Vermintide and all the others installed, up for whatever.
Chainsaws

Postby Chainsaws » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:06 pm

Also got those of us who didn't have it 7 days to die as I hear lots of good things about it. As long as Fix doesn't let us down like it's a GTA heist (sorry ;p ) he'll be sending a copy to Mach in a few mins. I'll have this installed too.
Chainsaws

Postby Machine » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:13 am

7DTD looked like something we'd play a bit, lots of Rust-ish things in there, hopefully the Zeds provide enough of a challenge once established to keep things interesting.

Syndicate, I think a case of too many cooks last night possibly mixed in with Lag meant our infiltration attempts were constantly hampered and required repeating over and over! Still, more comfortable with jumping in another persons game now I've got the basics down, and we've all got our own games we can progress. I'll set mine up as multi when I'm playing it so others can join if they're around.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Fix » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:35 am

Yeah it looks okay... its extremely unpolished and buggy, and there is nothing really interesting about the landscape. I think a private server takes away that Rust element... I liked Rust when we were breaking and entering other players bases and a private server wouldn't have that. See how it goes with that one.

I really liked SR actually.... my lag was irritation but changing ISP this month so hopefully I'll be a lot more dependable soon. The only bugbear is the server side consistency with characters... but if we stick to similar roles should be good fun.

Fix

Postby Archie » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:04 pm

Feels like Skyrim with worse graphics and more bugs (especially crouching stealth eye thing). ;) I found the areas uninspiring and the "Zombies" to be somewhat advanced, dodging spikes swimming etc. I always believed a lot of looting and scavenge were required in a Zombie Apocalypse but in this game I'd go from fridge to chest to closet to briefcase and so on and finding Oil and feathers, or mostly nothing at all. H1Z1 did the whole scenario a lot better in the early stages. Though I don't know how it is now though as I've heard rumors about a lot of cheaters and developers not holding their end of the bargain so probably a pile of manure.
Archie
Got fingerbanged by his basketball team!

Postby Chainsaws » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:26 pm

Server is ready so if anyone is around later tonight I'll probably be on and we can try it out. I knocked the difficulty up from 2 to 3 (out of 5) and it seems a LOT harder so I think there'll be some challenge there for us. I can forgive the Skyrim graphics if the game is fun and looks like all the crafting of Minecraft that I enjoyed but with an actual point to it so I'm all in!
Chainsaws

Postby Machine » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:32 pm

I'll try, pass me the details and I'll be on later.

Agree that it might get dull without humans but happy to roll with it see what happens, could be a good one from dropping in and out of.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:04 am

I've got a rudimentary base at about 800N 250E. Been on testing the server and got a bit carried away! :)

If we want to all restart together I'm happy to do so on Thurs night, I don't think I'll be on tomorrow night.
Chainsaws

Postby Fix » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:13 am

I'd have joined last night but my internet was slow, because its slow generally and my lad was downloading an update for Star Wars Battlefront on the Xbox - Check this out, bought the game (physical disk), put it in the Xbox and it said 'update needed' - I was like, ok fair enough the retail disk is out of date... thinking the update would be anything between 500mb to 2gb max.

The update was 41gb. Forty One gig.

Forty One.

Gig.

Fix

Postby Machine » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:50 pm

That's massive, must be the whole game again.

I played 7D2D but couldn't establish much other than a pattern of dying, very unforgiving and so dark at night you can't even survive on the move at night, the small base I did build was broken down by a horde of zombies who appeared out of nowhere solely to demolish what I'd built.

I did get an mp5 from a plane crate drop, but lost it when I rage quit after the 4th death in the darkness trying to get it back.

I'll try and get over to the base tonight, there's certainly some basic game mechanics I need to learn to basically survive.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:12 pm

I'll be on tonight, keen to see how 7DTD fares with a few of us on but up for whatever as well if we don't want to play that all night.
Chainsaws

Postby Fix » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Me and Nuts played last night and it completely crashed on me, full reboot and everything. This happened with Rust, I'm dubious about this Unity game engine tbh.

Although before that we were doing quite well scavenging stuff and the house defences are looking good too. Could do with some perimeter lights and more defence around the back of the house. We need more storage areas too and to sort into categories so that we have a proper base of operations. Be nice to have a couple of forward outposts too to use as drop offs if we find useful hear but CBA running all the way back to HQ.

Its okay at the moment, it may not be a game I throw myself into fully, but I may join up though- If Kasto / Archie are doing Siege I may give that a blast as its solid on my rig now.

Also GTA - What happened? I've got heists to do!

Fix

Postby Machine » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:24 pm

Happy to play anything, was helping out last night on 7D2D for a bit.

We've got a few different games to play, GTA, 7D2D and Syndicate, happy to mix it up though Syndicate might be better in pairs.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:34 pm

Yeah GTA is still there, I'd honestly prefer to mix up the games we play rather than play too much of any one at a time. Like I said, up for getting all of us on 7DTD to see how it plays with a few of us at once but after an hour or two on that happy to jump on GTA and continue the heists or play whatever else. We also have Don't Starve Together to give a try, maybe do that Monday?
Chainsaws

Postby Machine » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:57 am

on the house.

Probably the best of the 3 games imho.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:26 am

Thanks Mach (already have it though).

On tonight, up for owt.
Chainsaws

Postby Fix » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:26 am

Best Mass Effect, worth getting if you've not got it. Played it about 8 times through.

I'm on tonight, up for most things.

[EDIT] Also booked new Broadband, gone with Vodafone - Installation is on the 24th, but may not have interwebs until the 25th. Also I'm cut off from Virgin on the 19th... so I'll miss a couple of gaming nights this month :oops: but hopefully I'll be getting between 22-38mbps as promised.

Fix

Postby Machine » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:58 am

Yeah fingers crossed that goes smoothly, normally does.

I'm on tonight, up for anything, got this don't starve stuff which might be good with us all on, I can't recall if when you die you respawn, if not that could kill the idea.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:45 pm

There are a few options as to how death is handled, it's meant to be something that is a real inconvenience but whatever mode we pick there's a way to revive. The only permadeath option (which I think is the default multiplayer mode) is that if everyone is dead at the same time the server resets. I think as long as we prioritise getting the resources to resurrect players and as long as nobody does anything stupid we should be fine on the default settings. The respawn items aren't that hard to make and as long as we make sure we always have one or two we'll be fine. One thing I've never managed to do in the game is explore very far as I'm constantly using up my time trying to make enough food, with a few of us on the best option is probably to get a very basic base up then split up and scout around for a day followed by one or two of us staying at base to improve it and make tools etc and a couple of scouting/hunting parties going out for important resources. Once we've got some revival items we can do our own thing or carry on with the same methods. There's probably a lot that I've never discovered that makes the game a lot easier too.

I've done a bit of reading up on the revival and game modes and we have plenty of choice so let's just play and see how we feel, if something isn't working there's probably a change we can make, a different game mode or a mod we can install from the workshop. If everyone hates the game then it won't really matter anyway :D
Chainsaws

Postby Machine » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:34 am

GG's last night, happy to continue trying with don't starve.

Seems the campfire trick [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/GTAV/comments/35fy2t/has_anyone_had_campfires_spawned_on_their/]was a hack[url], possibly retaliation for me blowing up that chopper or maybe just random bad luck. Missions went smoothly though!
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Next

Return to Gaming Nights