[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
The Unforgiven Reborn Forums • View topic - Android

Android

Found a useful or interesting piece of software or want to share your thoughts on a particular game or hardware device? Let us know about it here.

Re: Android

Postby Machine » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:52 pm

We've just got and it's shit fast. Pretty much the same as 3.0 in most other ways.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Machine » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:42 pm

tabletroms.com/forums/vega-rom-development/1923-%5Brom%5D-%5B3-2%5D-vegacomb-3-2-build-9n.html

New version of vegacomb, this one lets yo switch the USB to host mode whilst its on apparantly, meaning you could plug a camera or USB stick in and read from it. May put this on over the weekend.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:57 pm

I called you back but you SHUNNED me :(
Chainsaws
Veteran of the battle of Forrum Rood.

Postby Machine » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:28 am

Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:09 am

http://tabletroms.com/forums/vega-rom-d ... e-2-a.html

I managed to fix the wireless issue by installing a second access point. The signal strength was terrible after I updated. A couple of nice features in there but I'll wait for more before I update again.

I used Titanium Backup last time I upgraded and bar the non-Google e-mail app losing everything it seems to have worked really well.
Chainsaws

Postby Machine » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:34 am

Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Machine » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Chains, when you get chance, do this :

Download "" for Android, get a few ROMs, this alone is quite cool. Now, reboot your Vega, goto apps, shuttle tools, switch the USB mode from Peripheral to host, plug in your joypad (My Logitech Gamepad works fine) now, check it works by hitting left / right and it'll manipulate the apps menu. (for some reason rebooting the vega ensures it works first time).

Go into Gensoid and setup your "hardware buttons" using the joypad.

Wayhay! Mobile Megadrive! I've already clocked Streets of Rage and Turrican again! Sensoid works in the same way but I have no nostalgic inclination to revisit it, Super Turrican is good though, it's like Turrican 2 with new maps.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:34 pm

ZED OH EM GEE!

Downloading this tonight!
Chainsaws

Postby Machine » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Oh I was playing Altered Beast the other night, you can save your progress at any time so I beat that fucking polar bear level!

I am guessing that you can setup stuff like dungeon defenders to use your joypad too but I've not tried. The standard Vegacomb menu understands the joypad as extra hardware buttons so I'm sure it is possible.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:05 pm

I will have to try my sex-box controller and see if it's supported.
Chainsaws

Postby Machine » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Archie » Sat May 12, 2012 4:08 pm

Which ones do you use now? Phones I mean, currently got a hold of the Galaxy Note from work.. IT'S HUUGE.. TABLET HUUGE!
Archie
Got fingerbanged by his basketball team!

Postby Machine » Sat May 12, 2012 5:26 pm

I've seen the galaxy note, it's very nice, the screen is outstanding.

I've got the Advent Vega, not as fast as the Note but has a 3d Card which the note doesn't. Once you get a tablet you'll never go without! So good for browsing the web in bed :)

EDIT : Oh Dungeon Defenders for the tablet is free Archie, get hold of it, last I saw it on the Note it did have a bug where the controls didn't show on the bottom of the screen, they were sort of half off the screen, but that may have been fixed now.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Archie » Sat May 12, 2012 6:21 pm

I'm getting it now! :)

I know there's a update coming which will sort the screen issues out (android 4.0). I only have Wordfeud and Draw something installed right now. and Facebook obviously..

I've already noticed how it has affected my sleep, I keep surfing the web in bed til late hours. Someone's not so pleased about that..
Archie
Got fingerbanged by his basketball team!

Previous

Return to Reviews