www.youtube-mp3.org

Found a useful or interesting piece of software or want to share your thoughts on a particular game or hardware device? Let us know about it here.

www.youtube-mp3.org

Postby Fix » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:07 pm

Quick review of this site. Great service. I can finally grab them acoustic versions of songs that you can't find anywhere else without pissing about with my sound settings. Also those rare underground triphop tracks I've not been able to grab from anywhere either.

No my account hasn't been hacked either :P I know this post looks like a bot has posted...
"Shut up, we were at the absolute end of the mission with a single hostile left to take down and you got spotted by a fucking toy car while running around like a tard." - Sev to Aggs re Splinter Cell COOP

AGGS FACE ON MY TANK 2014
Fix
Agrees to be a team player as long as there's only him in the team.

Re: www.youtube-mp3.org

Postby Machine » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:18 pm

Agree acoustic versions of songs can better the originals as with Empty Walls acoustic - original, didn't realise there was a website which would translate them into MP3 though. I'd normally find some good music then look around for somewhere to download it either as a FLAC or 320kbps MP3, I'm not a audiophile / audiodickhead but you can notice the difference between a good MP3 and some of the sound quality on YouTube. Depends greatly on whoever encoded it in the first place.

On acoustic / alternative versions of songs here are a few I've found recently...

Canon (Popular Wedding music).
Loads of Metal versions of Pop songs (Some quite good ones in there).
Placebo (Something completely different).

On Music in general :

If your into ambient stuff C418 has a good, completely free selection. My metal tastes haven't really changed over the years, I listen to more classical, soundtracks and embarrassingly progressive and full on Trance... :oops:

Good site though if you can find a good recording on Youtube.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Aggamemnon » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:14 pm

Oh how you've changed.... :D

Remember your reaction to the music from the club those years ago hahaahaaa

He cuts the track out too much for my tastes, especially so near the end. (placebo one)
00:52 - Sev: How am I gay when I frequently engage in sexual relations with your mother
00:52 - Aggamemnon: she is a fucking man dude
00:52 - Sev: eww
Aggamemnon
TuF communications engineer.

Postby Machine » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:07 pm

I know, I hate myself for what I've become.

No seriously it's a maturity thing, put my hands up and admit listening to only one type of music in order to portray myself as a particular kind of person, listen to all sorts now. I still can't get my head around Jazz or Country and Western though, that stuff gives me a headache and makes me cringe respectively.

I forget the type of music you like Aggs...

EDIT : Another Cover... Land of Confusion (Genesis) (Disturbed) (In Flames)
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Aggamemnon » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:11 pm

Well we share in the music we don't like.

We had a Jazz night every wednesday in my old work and I had to do it every week to fill my contracted hours, fuck a duck it was bad, made worse by the boss forcing the bands to do the same sets each time. Funky jazz is cool though (sound track to cowboy bepop notedly).
I have a broad range, but I stop at extremes, Heavy trance out stuff and heavy techno (I like songs, not noise) same with rock and metal, I would listen to em, but stop at the heavy ends of it.
Other than that Mainly just proper bands, I used to listen to the beatles in school, hate oasis (softened to some with age tho), Stereophonics, The Stills, Polyphonic spree, Pheonix all are good imo, as are brit pop bands.
I have the collections of Ennio Morricone and Vangelis which see a lot of use too.

I mainly like Indie, Rock, bit of pop and most house music.
Needless to say, I come into contact with a wide range of music thanks to my work, and you either start to like it, or get out of the business of working in clubs.
I hate MC's and scratching, and all that shit though.
00:52 - Sev: How am I gay when I frequently engage in sexual relations with your mother
Aggamemnon

Postby Chainsaws » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:23 pm

My friend has turned into a middle-aged chump :(

This is the softest you should be listening to! You're probably sat there listening to your fucking Placebo fapping over the fact you can understand the lyrics you fucking turncoat :( and what the fuck is that hippy shit with the kids? I prefer a little less political statement stuffed down my throat like I'm a fucking roast turkey when I listen to music thankyouverymuch.

In seriousness though, your musical tastes are pretty fucking abstract now. Check out some Birthday Massacre if you want easy listening. Also, your top 20 shitlist is blasphemy, Jeff Buckley's Halleilujah is the definitive version - end of discussion. I actually quite like Placebo too.

It appears that I'm quite the angry little music troll at times (or it could be that I'm going cold turkey on coffee today...)
"That's because every time I shag your mama she boosts me a level in PAYDAY." - Sev
Chainsaws
Veteran of the battle of Forrum Rood.

Postby Machine » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:35 pm

haha, that Dragonforce song is fucking ace! :lol: I'll have to look around for some. Reminds me of avenged sevenfold also very good, get City of Evil, best album IMHO, MIA is a cracking track.

Got to say The Birthday Massacre sounds like it's a worth a listen too, yet I've never heard of them ever.

Who knew... Slipknot are still good - still a bunch of fucking weirdos tho, and yes, I hate Youtube vids "with lyrics" but it's all I could find quick.

Going off coffee gave me crippling headaches for about 3 days, it goes away after a bit though, if not see a doc, you might have a hairline fracture in your skull and only days to live.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Aggamemnon » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:09 pm

Any Caffeine product in general.

Bit of a Cola nut and when I take a break for a day it sends me into a downward crash big time.

Chains is teh funneh. :lol:
Aggamemnon

Postby Machine » Mon May 16, 2011 1:04 pm

Altus - Rapid Eye Movements, Ambient.

That whole site is good for getting open source music.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Machine » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:49 pm

A track from Machinehead's up coming album. Sounds a little less like The Blackening and more like Through the Ashes of Empires, which is a good thing!
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Return to Reviews