[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
The Unforgiven Reborn Forums • View topic - Music : Ambient : Altus

Music : Ambient : Altus

Found a useful or interesting piece of software or want to share your thoughts on a particular game or hardware device? Let us know about it here.

Music : Ambient : Altus

Postby Machine » Wed May 18, 2011 12:08 pm

Suggest starting on and if you like, go from there.

Good background music I find, and all completely free.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Re: Music : Ambient : Altus

Postby Aggamemnon » Wed May 25, 2011 5:09 am

Way too much fucking tweety bird for my liking.

Good otherwise.
00:52 - Sev: How am I gay when I frequently engage in sexual relations with your mother
00:52 - Aggamemnon: she is a fucking man dude
00:52 - Sev: eww
Aggamemnon
TuF communications engineer.

Postby Machine » Wed May 25, 2011 8:47 am

After listening to this on an off for about a week agree that some of it is pants, Lullaby is entirely rubbish don't bother, as is winters embrace. Crossroads is worth a listen, and the wanderer is too.

Some of the space themed ones are great and sound similar to the eve soundtrack.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Fix » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:12 pm

I found a nice track by

Also a few others I've been listening to recently...

- Molfsee being one of the best I heard in ages.

()

I don't find these on YouTube btw, I hear them on the internet radio station I listen to and make a note, then investigate if I like them or not. I'm very picky but I thought I'd share my tastes with you all anyway.

Fix
Agrees to be a team player as long as there's only him in the team.

Postby Machine » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:18 pm

Melodium was ok, Vector lovers not like anything I've heard before but good, Ulrich you gave me LAN night, to be honest I prefer the Flashbulb album.

ISAN probably best of the bunch, good background music. Reminded me of a lot of the .

At the moment I find myself playing an MP3 version of which is utterly epic albeit short.
City of Ashes from Altus, especially is frequently played, the latter half (4 minutes onwards) being the best.

If you've not got any of Craig Armstrongs music, I'd give them a try. for Plunkett & Macleane. His Piano works have been used in Silent hill, Twin Towers and Romeo and Juliet.
Last edited by Machine on Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Machine » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:30 pm

Oh and did you know still make metal versions of 8 bit music! Search on Sidology. (Sid being be "MP3" of olden days) See if you can pick out the games without looking down the comments.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Fix » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:03 am

I shalt listen to these later and review!

[EDIT] the Machinae Sup track is more funny than anything - I can't listen to it and not smile I guess thats a good thing.

Deus Ex theme is pretty awesome I admit. I dunno about game music, I stuggle to listen to it casually - I love it in game, but outside of that its always a bit mmmmm, I get the same thing with film OSTs. Saying that I do like the Mass Effect OST for 1 and 2.

Here you'll appreciate and . Best I've noticed out there recently.

Fix

Postby Machine » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:03 am

The Batman one sounds too much like a soundtrack, no melody, in game it's awesome, but alone it's missing something. The Modern Warfare one is decent though.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Fix » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:45 am

to this, its quality!

Fix

Postby Machine » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:00 am

Haha! reminds me of , is why my HD is full of stuff from C64Remix and the like.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Aggamemnon » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:22 am

Belter that fix. Nice one.

Got a few of the remix on 64 and they are also excellent.
00:52 - Sev: How am I gay when I frequently engage in sexual relations with your mother
Aggamemnon

Postby Fix » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:03 am

Came across it when listening to some random old tunes the other day, but I was on the gens Megadrive emulator and the MD version of that track is wank compared to the Saturn.

Fix

Postby Aggamemnon » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:30 am

Well pretty obvious it would be. Amazing world inventions CD's :P
Aggamemnon

Postby Machine » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:56 am

I think it's more than that, some of the tunes from the earlier days of gaming were more memorable, todays music is often orchestral and whilst it does sound amazing it's forgettable, you just don't find yourself humming it, hell, I remember Music from Turrican 2 even today, but as much as I love mass effect and that "end run" music is fucking epic, I couldn't remember how it goes.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Fix » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:25 pm

The explanation for this is because older tunes were simple. Complex sounds layered over each other means your mind can't remember all of it - you might get the basic melody but otherwise forgettable as you say.

Older songs were more of like a jingle - think of dun dundun dun dun dun dun dee doo doo doop doop....

Fix

Postby Chainsaws » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:52 pm

Chainsaws
Veteran of the battle of Forrum Rood.

Postby Machine » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:17 pm

Hahah, I didn't think the music from altered beast was really any good, decent game though, never clocked it I don't think.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Fix » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:23 pm

Always died on the bear level :<

Fix

Postby Aggamemnon » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:05 pm

James Pond : RoboCod. Fucking hilarious.

They really didn't give a fuck who they ripped off in the 80's eh.
Aggamemnon

Postby Aggamemnon » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:16 am

Oh and:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9K2UxJT ... re=related
The Game was also amazing, completed it with 100% terraforming on the megadrive version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICnTGO6J ... re=related
Spent ages on this as a kid.
Aggamemnon

Postby Aggamemnon » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:43 pm

Aggamemnon

Postby Machine » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:52 am

Dude, that last video is 2hours long!
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Aggamemnon » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:35 pm

Haha yeah its a longplay not the intro only.

Some cracking games listed there in the side as well.
Aggamemnon

Postby Machine » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:52 pm

is out, free download.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Fix » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:44 pm

I'd thoroughly recommend getting hold of (unless you purchase the game and it comes with it, just browse to the Steam folders for the OGG files) the .

being the best on there by far. Bought the album for a quid (pay what you want) probably buy the rest... if the description "Dark and Retrofuturistic music inspired by the 80's." appeals to you its worth a listen.

Fix

Next

Return to Reviews