LAN Night 2018

For everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

LAN Night 2018

Postby Fix » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:51 pm

So here we are, 2018.

We did LAN night last year early July just after Steam sales, so it'd be good to book in a similar time this year and make LAN night 2018 the best yet! Our LAN nights appear to be in their 8th year now! :D wow!

I think it was Mach's turn to host, but I'm quite happy to host the LAN night this year if needed. So what do we think of dates?

30th June, 7th July?

Open to other dates - get suggesting. Also be good to start earmarking any games for the occasion too.
Fix
Agrees to be a team player as long as there's only him in the team.

Re: LAN Night 2018

Postby Chainsaws » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:37 pm

7th should be ok for me, I'm waiting final confirmation but I've said yes.
Chainsaws
Veteran of the battle of Forrum Rood.

Postby Fix » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:03 am

I'm earmarking this for LAN night :P Looks like a re-use of a lot of MGSV assets and a lot of hate for it because 'Metal Gear' is in the title but I think it looks pretty good and I know the game engine will be sweet af.
Fix

Postby Machine » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:57 pm

Ouh that's looks interesting!
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Fix » Mon May 21, 2018 1:00 pm

Ho ho ho, merrry Summertime!

I think we'll write off MGSV:S as it seemed to flop. Looking for something else.

Everyone still on for the 7th July? Mach to host?

Lets confirm so we can look forward to our 8th annual LAN night!
Fix

Postby Machine » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:00 am

7th of July, can we do Fix's house? I'd prefer that this year, we can do mine next.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:40 pm

"I don't want your stupid brother and your dickhead friend leaving nacho crumbs all over my house and streaks of fucking shit all over my toilet and stumbling around drunk breaking shit and eating all the catfood" - what Fix will hear tonight probably.

I don't mind where it is as long as clowns don't eat me in my sleep.
Chainsaws

Postby Fix » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:50 pm

I had to do some sucking up, but we can do at mine! :P I'm sure Chains won't mind if its at mine, its closer, although this time don't shit in the kids beds plz.

Hopefully its nice and hot and we can have the patio open and stuff.

I'll make the arrangements!
Fix

Postby Fix » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:13 pm

Well with less than 20 days to go I thought I'd post a small kit list and some other bits of info;

ITEMS
    Your PC (duh) and all peripherals
    Cushions, although I have some if you need more as my 'extra' seats are made of wood.
    ^ Bring a chair if you prefer.
    Something to sleep in, although I have a couple of sleeping bags if you really want to smell me.
    I have enough plug gangs but bring your kettle leads
    An Ethernet cable (at least 2 meters, I have 1)
    Anything else you want to show off (gaming related, no one is interested in your latest crochet work)

FOOD
    Snacks and stuff - Whatever you like
    Booze! I'm hoping to see Mach actually drink me under the table this year. Again whatever you like but I will have some options available as well.
    Water / other non alcoholic drinks - I will have cordial but we never really have anything fizzy so bring that yourself if you want it.
    Cash for big food. Lots of options around here, but you know my thoughts - Dominos on speed dial but we can go to chippy or even pub for food as they're within walking distance.
    Any other food that I might find interesting you want to donate to me.

Other thoughts- Make sure all your games are up to date and install anything you want to install before the day!

Currently I'm hoping we can do a play through of Ghost Recon Wildlands (but only two of us have it) but I'm sure we'll be messing about with other titles too.
Fix

Postby Machine » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:45 pm

Wildlands, buy it, i'll contribute, I've not even booted it up, fix tells me it's unforgiving and fun.

I shall be drinking, heavily this year, I have a taste for Gin, Rum, Vodka, all with tonic, however I do get drunk quickly, that said, unless it's > 40% strength I turn away. Plus I normally starve myself that day so the impact is greater, obviously this won't happen on LAN night as we'll be stuffing our faces most of the time.

The rest I'll make up as I go :)
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Machine » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:16 pm

Computer cleaned this morning, pretty much all set to go! just need to remember to take my monitor home tomorrow as I'm not around at work the rest of the week :)

Planning on being there shortly after lunchtime but will update on the day with specifics.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Fix » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:44 am

This may sound like a crazy idea but since its going to be hot hot hot this weekend it might be worth considering bringing a tent - I mean fine to sleep inside of course as planned but might be nice to have your own space in the morning as the kids will be around. My garden is big enough. Just a thought. I have some tent stuff here like sleeping bags and a sleeping mat.

I will be having the England game on as it'll be on in the afternoon too.

We need to talk about food too, there are literally loads of options but just what people fancy on the day... since we may be buying a load of stuff it might just be worth using the local Chinese chippy as its cheap and there are tons of options and you get large portions.
Fix

Postby Machine » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:18 pm

chippy is good for me!!!
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Fix » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:45 am

Well the thrills and spills of another successful LAN night. Sun shining. England winning. Chains winning at darts (twice wth). My lad beating us on Forza. Egg fried rice. And drinking a load of brandy. Wife was actually ok in the end!

Thanks for coming guys! Had a great time. Although you didn't have to rush off in the morning so quick :P
Fix

Postby Machine » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:11 am

I had a really great time, enjoyed the social aspect to it more than the gaming to be honest, though wildlands was a good one, very much our kinda game, way too hard! I'll probably pick this one up some more. Hot Lava, also a good one, I'll be doing some runs on this when I get the time.

Next year my house! I'm already planning a BBQ!
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:33 pm

Yeah was good to see you guys! We should arrange stuff more often, I'm sure we'd be able to fit in a few hours somewhere to do an activity/watch a film/go for a meal and have a natter etc.

Would be great if the three of us could jump on Wildlands some time, let us know if you fancy it any point Mach.

Going to see if I can tolerate Hot Lava in a window or something to get the framerate up to playable, I've got some scores to beat and it looks like it will be the end of the year before I can get a decent card for a price I'm happy with because the next gen cards are just around the corner.
Chainsaws

Return to General Discussion