[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
The Unforgiven Reborn Forums • View topic - TuF Mumble Server

TuF Mumble Server

For everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: TuF Mumble Server

Postby Fix » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:56 pm

No in all seriousness, you can update the overlay in realtime so I can alt-tab out of a game, change the overlay to suit the game (a little the the left, a little downwards) so thats a real plus.

Fix
Agrees to be a team player as long as there's only him in the team.

Postby Machine » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:04 pm

Yeah, it just needs game profiles now, so like in Flatout it could show it at the top of the screen, and say in Battlefield you could put it next to the squad list?

If nobody else sets an avatar I too might as well remove them from the overlay!
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:11 pm

I keep meaning to do it. Don't really have an icon that is "me" though...
Chainsaws
Veteran of the battle of Forrum Rood.

Postby Aggamemnon » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:36 am

Don't use the overlay. Find it would only be useful for getting to know more than 2 new people at a time. (even then with similar accents).
00:52 - Sev: How am I gay when I frequently engage in sexual relations with your mother
00:52 - Aggamemnon: she is a fucking man dude
00:52 - Sev: eww
Aggamemnon
TuF communications engineer.

Postby Aggamemnon » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:24 am

Renewed for the Year.

Thanks go out to Mach, FatRatHead and Me :p.
Pestered a rep so we got the price on the same server without having to move/remake so it's business as usual lads.

Also while I am here.
Big Pile Achievement awards, you can get the jump on any that are not released yet as well.

http://steamtreasurehunt.wikia.com/wiki ... Objectives
00:52 - Sev: How am I gay when I frequently engage in sexual relations with your mother
Aggamemnon

Postby Machine » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:24 pm

Mumbles down and doesn't look like a blip, maybe check back in an hour or so then give them a nudge Aggs?
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:57 am

Was up and down but it's been fine all night.
Chainsaws

Postby Aggamemnon » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:05 pm

Seems to be back to normal.

Should see a bit more activity from some more people in the next few weeks as well.
Aggamemnon

Postby Chainsaws » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:25 pm

Can anyone remember how to make Mumble join a default server, was it a command line option?
Chainsaws

Postby Machine » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:19 pm

There is a setting in the options page somewhere, mine joins automatically.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Aggamemnon » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:46 pm

Got the sound working 100% now. Still fiddling with my overall mumble settings but all looking good so far.
Aggamemnon

Postby Machine » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:40 am

Do you need any money for renewal on this in December Aggs?
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Aggamemnon » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:44 pm

Depends on who threw in last few times really (it was two years ago now)

I'm hoping to getit discounted again, which will make it 13 quid for the year, if not then if we all throw a fiver in for the full rate then I'm happy.
Aggamemnon

Postby Machine » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:16 am

Alright, is your paypal still atg.a@...?
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Fix » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:17 am

I'll chuck a fiver in - When is the renewal? 1st Jan?

Fix

Postby Chainsaws » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:29 pm

When's the renewal date? I can set up a dedicated mumble server for £2/month (in fact I wondered how much effort was involved, it's set up here as it was easy: 5.196.14.185) so if it's going to be more than that I'm happy to do that. Otherwise tell me where to send the cash, think I'm due to chip in.
Chainsaws

Postby Aggamemnon » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:01 am

Happy with Multiplays mumble chains, saves any issues with connection etc and it's already setup to go on 25 slots (not that we really need that but handy incase)

yeah same paypal as normal.

It renews christmas day haha, which is why it's always a pain to get the discount sorted again. But to be honest its worth it full whack
Aggamemnon

Postby Machine » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:51 am

Multiplay was flakey, but has recently been very good - £2 a month is £24 so offers nothing much over the existing server (since we don't know if it'll be flakey either) if Aggs get's the better price then it's double the cost.

Plus I'd value your time in there Chains, if it goes down now, we jump to the hell server and just pop back in a few hours without any of us doing anything other than complaining. Grass is no greener imho.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Fix » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:24 pm

We could just use the HELL one for trail - Its always served as a good backup and wouldn't cost us.

But then again for 4-5 quid each lets just have our own.

Fix

Postby Aggamemnon » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:44 am

Just to be blunt lads..

I'll be upkeeping the server regardless of any other options.

It works out quite cheap, offers us everything we could want from voice comms and Multiplay have decent servers, and reliable service 99% of the time.

It's not really a debate, the very first reason I started renting a server was to save the faffing around looking at other options, or borrowing a server and relying on other people not kicking some freeloaders.

If you have a fiver floating around, it's appreciated but I'm not relying on anyone chipping in to maintain it year in year out. - if we had a game server that would be different - if you are skint or just cant justify money each year on a throwaway entertainment then please consider it something I like to do to make our gaming nights as smooth as possible for everyone, I couldn't have enjoyed these last few weeks as much without it, Battlefield has been awesome with the lot of us on together, like I said, even at full cost it's awesome value imo.

/soap box
Aggamemnon

Postby Machine » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:16 am

Yeah guys, ffs... :D

EDIT : Sent £5
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Fix » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:41 am

Fix

Previous

Return to General Discussion