[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
The Unforgiven Reborn Forums • View topic - LAN Night - May 2013

LAN Night - May 2013

For everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: LAN Night - May 2013

Postby Chainsaws » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:55 pm

Ok verified it today but LANBeer is fine, in another week or two it will be perfect and any more is gravy so should be ready to guzzle on the night. Cider has slowed down so will probably barrel that this weekend but we'll have to see if it's drinkable by the night, probably not according to my research but I should still have plenty of kit made cider which Mach can verify the quality of!
Chainsaws
Veteran of the battle of Forrum Rood.

Postby Fix » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:08 am

I look forward to sampling this fine fare on the LAN eve.

Fix
Agrees to be a team player as long as there's only him in the team.

Postby Chainsaws » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:14 am

Finally barrelled the cider and while it smells like cider (and not vinegar) it tastes like shit. I added some sugar to sweeten it and stuck it in the dark to age which should hopefully work, I suspect a couple of months may be optimistic though! It's either going to turn out a massive waste or it's going to be an amazing 'knock-you-dead-after-three-glasses' hard cider...only time vill tell! </red alert intro>
Chainsaws

Postby Chainsaws » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:10 pm

There's now an extra barrel of bitter although I don't think I'll have drunk the current barrel dry in two weeks time! Still, it may have a slightly different flavour. In addition I have a Mexican Cerveza which I haven't tried yet but promises to be similar to Corona. The whiskey may or may not be ready in time as it takes a lot of preparation and if it goes over by even a couple of days you'll miss out!

Also there may be the possibility of a field trip later on in the evening for some live entertainment after we are all gamed out! I'll confirm later.
Chainsaws

Postby Fix » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:51 pm

Excellent :D

Fix

Postby Machine » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:46 pm

Sounds awesome, looking forward to it.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:48 pm

Ok entertainment is confirmed. Dress code is jeans + tshirt and it's probably best to bring ~15 quid each for share of taxi both ways, entry and a couple of drinks.
Chainsaws

Postby Fix » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:51 pm

Wowowo... wtf is this? Meant to be gaming not venturing out... to see other people... <shudder>

Where, what?

Fix

Postby Aggamemnon » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:19 am

insurgency is in humble bundle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/?logo&utm_ ... -92438441#

3 copies spare on my end, let me know what you all want to do with it
00:52 - Sev: How am I gay when I frequently engage in sexual relations with your mother
00:52 - Aggamemnon: she is a fucking man dude
00:52 - Sev: eww
Aggamemnon
TuF communications engineer.

Postby Machine » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:22 am

What perfect timing! I've picked it up too and have 3 to give. Great game for LAN night.

Also why do we need a combined £45 for taxis on LAN night? This goes against everything that is right about LAN night! In fact, this doesn't sound like LAN night AT ALL!
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:11 am

I already said 'trip out' and 'live entertainment' and you were all for it :? Taxi will be around 10-15 each way which we'll probably need as I expect we'll have been drinking already, it's a couple of quid each to get in to see the bands (one of which I've seen before and are outstanding) and you'll probably want one or two drinks from the bar hence the £15. We won't be setting off until around 9pm so we'll have had a day's gaming in, go out and come back refreshed and ready to game into the wee hours. I thought it would be something cool to do together as I know you both like the music they'll be playing (although I was keeping it a surprise exactly what).

Insurgency sounds great, going to pick the bundle up myself anyway so we'll have copies coming out the wazoo!
Chainsaws

Postby Machine » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:48 am

Your ruining LAN night!!!!! stop it! STOP!
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:19 pm

Seriously?
Chainsaws

Postby Fix » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:50 pm

My two problems really;

> Cheap night becomes more expensive, albeit not that much more but nether the less the expense is there.
> Its LAN night, not going out to see unknown band night.

I'm no straight lace, you know me - I'm all for going out and drinking but this not in the LAN night remit.

I still don't know where this is, £15 for all of us to go where? Burnley? Blackburn? Accrington?

I can state now if we are talking about Bees Knees, Charles Napier, Fort Arms or any other similar pubs full of my past ghosts - I ain't going, period. There is a reason I don't go up that way any more :)

Fix

Postby Fix » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:53 pm

Also Mach or Aggs send me a copy of Insurgency - I don't not want to spend 60p on a game but we'll end up with shit loads of copies. Whoever sends me first loves me the most.

Fix

Postby Machine » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:19 pm

I was trying to find Fix on lunch just now to ask how he felt but yes, basically me too - and actually some of the thoughts fix has put into his post I hadn't thought about but the last thing I want to do is bump into any ghosts up there either.

I appreciate the thought but in the past when I've asked about LAN night becoming "go somewhere" day or night it's been a no since it's fine as it is. I don't mind walking out for some food at all, even a sit down at that curry place. I too have a lot of money commitments right now with the living room.

Bro I'll get that copy out to you no problem.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:56 pm

For me it's about getting together and spending some time together like we used to more than just gaming, we can do that online any time. I know that last time we were all keen to take a break in the evening and get some food and do something different before jumping back on the pcs so I looked for something that we'd all enjoy to break things up a bit to make sure it's an enjoyable night. I found out this band is on who do Metallica covers, and they are absolutely amazing, is on this Saturday and I thought it would be perfect. Music we all really love, a break away from the screens, chance to stretch the legs and a chance for us to have a laugh doing something else (which has always gone really well when we've done other activities) so that we're fresh for another bout of gaming when we get back. There's also a System of a Down cover band on and while I've not seen them before it's rare that this place has anyone on who isn't really good, the Metallica one are worth going for even if the other is shit though to be honest. It's in Burnley and we won't exactly be rolling around the night clubs afterwards so I seriously doubt you'll meet anyone you know and I'm pretty certain the place wasn't even open when you guys were still living here.

I know it's a bit of extra money but since I'm hosting I'll be providing food since there aren't any great take aways any more and if needs be I'll chip in a bit more to get us in or whatever as I'd really like to see them but I can't afford taxis there and back for us myself on top of the games I got for the night and everything else (unrelated) I've had to pay for this last couple of months too. If we do that you're talking a tenner for something I know you'll both really enjoy and not at the expense of gaming any more that we did last time or going out for a sit down meal like you suggested.

What do you say? I guarantee you'll both enjoy it.
Chainsaws

Postby Machine » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:17 pm

Sit down meal mate at either the curry place or that pub that's like, right next to your house, breaks things up a little, personally I'd rather not go to see this band though am happy to do that another time.

Fix thought it might be good to do it whilst kids being put down to give Zoe some space.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Fix » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:42 pm

Right so its Metallica tribute and its probably at Sanctuary Rock bar? -I'm fairly sure I've been before.

Look, I don't mind going out and grabbing a beer and some pub grub say whilst Zoe is putting the kids down or something as this makes sense, peace and quiet in the house and all that. I'd even consider getting a cab to a decent curry house (if there is one) in Accy, so I guess for me personally the extra expense isn't really the main issue.

The main issue is that what your suggesting here is going to Burnley to watch some bands at about 9pm. Neither me or Mach are objecting to that as a good idea on its own - The main issue really is the fact that its highjacked LAN night a bit too much. We are talking probably the prime time when Nuts / Aggs / others may be online with us, not that it is critical they're around or we join whatever they are doing, but we might be in full swing to break off and go to... Burnley :/

I'd rather just nip to the pub and if gaming goes stale... could nip back to the pub?

Fix

Postby Fix » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:33 pm

Do you think he's got a cob on now?

WHat time we arriving?

Fix

Postby Machine » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:02 pm

I doubt it, we've been friends long enough now to know a little disagreement means next to feck all. Lets look for places nearby to eat though.

I'm getting there for about 2 or 3, might pop in on Mum as she's just a stones throw away just before.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:02 pm

Correct, I've been insanely busy and not even looked at the forums since yesterday afternoon. I wouldn't call it a disagreement but I was annoyed I spent ages looking for ideas to make our get together enjoyable and you weren't even interested in it. I know I actually found it really tiring just staring at the screen for that long last time and I noticed we all started flagging and getting headaches etc. Let's face it we're just not used to sitting on games for that long any more so I thought a trip out for a couple of hours and something different would be perfect and as it's unlikely you'd want to come over and either spend the night or drive home in the wee hours of the morning just to see a band it's an opportunity for you to see a really awesome band at the same time. It's also a lot cheaper than going out for a sit down meal so I thought that would be a plus, personally while I'd like to do this like I already said funds are really tight at the moment and it's not top of my list.

Personally I'm not bothered about missing a couple of hours when anyone else will be on, I love playing games with the other guys but LAN night is about three friends who used to live on each other's doorsteps (or half of bunk beds!) getting together and having a good time. I'm sure that whoever can be on will be and they're not going to be upset if we sign off for a break, we play games with them all the time.

Sure I'm also disappointed that I'm going to miss seeing this band as I've seen them a couple of times before and I've been blown away every time but I'm not going to go on about it or cry to you if both of you don't want to do it as it's not all about me.

If we want to go out for anything then it's probable I can drive as I'm full of a stinking cold and probably won't want to be drinking heavily anyway/won't take much persuation to not get drunk. So if you do change your mind about the band we can do it for free or we can go out for food somewhere further afield either way avoiding the inconvenience of finding an illegal immigrant to try to drive us to our deaths. The pub is....well...it's a no for food let's just say that and the indian has gone downhill a lot since it's heyday and it's far from cheap, it may have imporved but if we're doing that I'd rather go somewhere that will definitely be good.

We're stocked up on food but if there's anything specific you'd like to eat let me know and I'll try to get it in. That way we can see what we feel like doing when the time comes around.

I was going to say I won't really be free until 1pm but if you want to get there sooner and set up you're welcome to. I was expecting you'd be arriving earlier.
Chainsaws

Postby Fix » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:28 pm

Ok Ok, let's leave it wide open for now. I'm pretty easy going generally, so if we all start getting headaches and eyeaches then we can consider venturing out.

I'll aim for about 1am arrival.

Fix

Postby Machine » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:16 pm

Have a look round for a nice curry house, or buy one in and I'll chip in.

I'm well out of touch with good curry houses up there so will go with what you suggest.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:36 pm

So am I, I've been poisoned by most of them at some point or another! :lol:

I'll ask around for recommendations.
Chainsaws

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion