[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
The Unforgiven Reborn Forums • View topic - Car Dash Cam

Car Dash Cam

For everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Car Dash Cam

Postby Chainsaws » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:34 am

So I've just ordered this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... refresh_T1

Apparenlty it's the best budget camera you can get. There are lots of sellers but I was swayed on this one by the FREE PEN OMFGIJUSTCAMEINMYPANTS!

In seriousness it comes with an 8GB card which the same priced unit on e-Bay doesn't (although this is more convenience than price on those things!) and it's fulfilled by Amazon so any problems and I know I can go direct to them and their customer service is verging on epic. This is important as there are apparently a lot of fake units and while the build quality of these isn't awful it's budget and you can get the odd duff unit etc.

The videos people have taken with these look good and I'm hoping to have some fun with it. The main reason I got it though is to cover my ass in case of an accident as £35 is literally nothing compared to having a fault or part fault claim on your insurance.

I'll update once I've managed to try it out and let you all know if I think they're worth getting.

Edit: Reviews if anyone cares
https://dashcamtalk.com/g1w/
https://forum.dashcamtalk.com/threads/c ... 0fps.3543/
http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2013/12/16 ... uying.html
Chainsaws
Veteran of the battle of Forrum Rood.

Re: Car Dash Cam

Postby Machine » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:02 pm

I'd be interested to see how you wire it up, for me it has to be neat and integrated so I don't have to plug it in each time I drive, get that right and I'll be ordering one even if it is just to show off my commute! (Though lately it's been shit busy)
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Machine » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:33 pm

did this happen?
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:28 pm

Yep, got it installed and running. In fact I forget it's there most of the time. I'll show you some boring videos of probably my commute to work when you come over!

For what I paid for it it's just reassuring knowing it will pay for itself dozens of times over if I ever need it.
Chainsaws
Veteran of the battle of Forrum Rood.

Postby Machine » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:58 pm

yeah, i may be ordering that night if it looks good!
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Return to General Discussion