[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
The Unforgiven Reborn Forums • View topic - LAN Night 2015 (May 23rd - Mach's House)

LAN Night 2015 (May 23rd - Mach's House)

For everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: LAN Night 2015 (May 23rd - Mach's House)

Postby Machine » Tue May 19, 2015 8:50 am

Arriving any time after 1pm is fine, postcode Aggs is CW8 3PQ, nearest stations are Acton bridge or Hartford, there's no station in Weaverham.

I've got 3 screens plus my telly at the moment, 2 of my screens take HDMI, analog or display port, only 1 takes DVI. The telly is HDMI so please bring at least your cables if you want to borrow a screen, I've had an idea for the setup of the screens which should mean they'll be right next to each other and everyone will have plenty of desk space, but as with all lan nights this is challenging! I'm also not sure if the wife will be upset about me hijacking the telly, or if 42 inches of killing floor madness will sicken her.

You'll need a sleeping bag or blanket, but I can make the room really warm by kicking the wood burner off late evening, then you can all sleep naked.

Bring also a network cable each, I don't have reams of them lying about anymore, Robs bringing his switch to save cables being everywhere.

Finally for the drivers I'm going to try and grab the spot outside my house Friday evening but next doors son is a twat and likes to park there, just block him in by parking up his butt if he's there. If not, first one to arrive gets the drive, second gets to go right up the back of the Yaris on the front. Depending on Aggs situation I might have to pop out to get him.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Tue May 19, 2015 9:31 am

I'll bring a few network cables as spares but they won't be really long. I would appreciate a screen loan as it saves me rummaging around in boxes in the attic for the correct stand for mine.

Have you got enough plug banks or do I need to bring some of these too?

I'll also have a look if I can find my 10m HDMI lead for the telly.

If we get really wasted we can all go out and do a synchronised shit on that little twat's windscreen which might be alright for a laugh.
Chainsaws
Veteran of the battle of Forrum Rood.

Postby Fix » Tue May 19, 2015 9:42 am

There is a direct train from Lime Street to Hartford, arrival is 12ish but shorter journey than the other routes.

I'll bring some cables etc. I'll need my own screen unless I can get the DVI one.

Fix
Agrees to be a team player as long as there's only him in the team.

Postby Chainsaws » Tue May 19, 2015 11:09 am

As far as I'm concerned you can have it, I think I have all the outputs and I'm not going to cry even if I get vga :)
Chainsaws

Postby Machine » Tue May 19, 2015 1:28 pm

I'll get you all on HDMI if I can for a number of reasons. But yes, you all don't need to bring screens.

Rob if you have a spare HDMI can you bring I think I have one in the attic but am not sure? Also bring your gang plug, I have some but I recall yours being massive and awesome, also the gang plug was massive and awesome.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Machine » Wed May 20, 2015 4:22 pm

Ok, Char's going to try and take the kids to her sisters for some of the afternoon which will give us some space as I've only got one living room. They're still likely to be around for an hour or so, Oliver has already asked specificly for Lego Marvel super heros with Uncle Sam, if you have any other "kid friendly" games like that it'll make that hour before they go to bed much smoother, They'll probably also have a go on the wheel which will be a lol.

We might find they're totally uninterested in the whole thing! Also no swearing, yes I mean you Alex.

Get street fighter 4 installed as it'll be a good one to get on the telly, might only be 30 minutes worth. Any other "all on one computer" multiplayer games you've got get them installed, we can hotswap the TV display between PC's if my plan works they'll all be adjacent to each other so should be simples.

Bring any joypads you own for this reason.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Thu May 21, 2015 11:58 am

"Daddy, what is a mother-fucking, cunt-licking whore and why would anyone want stick a dog's dick in it's mouth?"

"Well, son, those aren't real words. Your uncle Alex has......problems."

I'm updating the fist post with who is bringing what.
Chainsaws

Postby Chainsaws » Thu May 21, 2015 12:18 pm

Ok first post updated with a checklist for each of us. I think I've got everything on there but check it over as that's what I'll be using to pack when I get everything ready.
Chainsaws

Postby Fix » Thu May 21, 2015 1:30 pm

Excellent. Looks good to me.

Mach, as we'll be playing late into the night and early hours of the morning my thoughts drifted to when we will inevitably need to 'shake hands with the president' - As the kiddies sleep upstairs I wouldn't want to subconsciously give them nightmares of mutant horses taking a slash in the room next to them so maybe its worth considering facilitating an outside loo for the evening? We are all males so no issue needing a seat. Just one to think about to minimise disruption.

Fix

Postby Chainsaws » Thu May 21, 2015 3:09 pm

See my earlier post about the scrote next door with his 1.2 Nova.

We just need to get him to leave his window open...

It's a good idea but who's going to volunteer to empty out the piss bucket? :lol:

Is there a drain or something?
Chainsaws

Postby Fix » Thu May 21, 2015 3:51 pm

I'll do my bit - I'll empty a piss bucket (onto next doors car)

Fix

Postby Machine » Thu May 21, 2015 4:26 pm

I actually have a potty! Ideal. Yes, there's a drain so no issues there, good thought as Oliver does sleep with his door wide open.

Good list on the first post, I'd only add a small amount of cash for take away, I'm happy for the simplest of them all, chippy, you'll be sorted for under a fiver, we can discuss on the day. Also be willing to play games vs. AI ;) common on LAN Nights!

I'm also going to try just asking next door to keep the space clear, so you never know! Either way, just pile outside my house, get well on the pavement!
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Machine » Sun May 24, 2015 10:55 am

Cheers guys for this year, really good one I thought. Impressed and surprised at how long PCars & the wheel lasted, The wheels going in the attic for now but will certainly be bringing it to Fix's next year!

Really great mix of watching Fix revive old games, Chains with his brewing, good food and good company. That fire is too hot though eh?

Lan night 2016, Fix's house, if he's legally allowed after his marriage!

EDIT : Oh and after using one, I'm finally going to order an xbox controller.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Fix » Mon May 25, 2015 4:09 pm

Yeah it was a great success! I think I'll pick up an Xbox controller at some point as they are handy and I'm used to one now with an Xbox being in the house.

2016 will be my place. Going to think of some fun ideas to integrate into the afternoon and evening, but we'll look at May time again.

Fix

Postby Machine » Mon May 25, 2015 5:56 pm

Yep, well count me in and the wheel will be coming, Project Cars or whatever is out next year, the boys are welcome to set some times.

Is there such thing as light gun games anymore? That'd be cool.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Chainsaws » Mon May 25, 2015 8:08 pm

Looks like the Wii is best for any kind of shooters as not much of anything works on non-crt displays.

Definitely enjoyed the PCars and mix of other games and less of a focus on hammering one game for the entire day.
Chainsaws

Postby Machine » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:46 pm

I'm uploading photos and a video from the day up into the TuF Shared Dropbox, only about 23 meg worth of stuff but if anybody wants to keep it it'll be there for a the foreseable.
Machine
Destroyer of Rhubarb

Postby Fix » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:36 pm

Oh yeah, check out Severence on my screen - Classic!

Fix

Previous

Return to General Discussion